PRS LAMP Fellowship 2021 Online Form
PRS Legislative Research Recruitment 2021 : PRS LAMP Fellowship provides an opportunity to be mentored by a Member of Parliament for a period of 10-11 months, subject to the Parliamentary calendar. During the course of the Fellowship, the Fellows will get the opportunity to engage with experts from diverse sectors and understand important policy and development issues of the country.
The Fellow’s primary task involves providing research support to the Member of Parliament (MP) that she/he is assigned to. A significant amount of the research a LAMP Fellow will undertake will be Parliament related, such as inputs for bills, parliamentary questions, policy discussions and standing committee meetings.
PRS LAMP Fellowship 2021 Eligibility
PRS LAMP Fellowship 2021 Important FAQs
Q : What will be the location of the Fellowship this year?
- Fellows are usually expected to be in New Delhi for the Fellowship. However, keeping the health and safety in mind, Fellows have been mostly working remotely this year.
Q : Will I receive a stipend during the Fellowship?
- Yes, LAMP Fellows receive a stipend of Rs. 20,000 per month during the course of the Fellowship.
Q : Which MP will I be working with?
- The MPs who will be part of this Fellowship are those who are actively engaged in Parliament. MPs will be from both the Treasury and the Opposition, across all major parties, and from both Houses of Parliament.
Q : What is the selection process for the LAMP Fellowship?
- The application submitted by the candidate will be scrutinized during the initial round of evaluation. Shortlisted candidates from the initial round will go through another round of interview conducted by PRS.
Q : Is work experience desirable to be a LAMP Fellow?
- Work experience is not an essential criteria to become a LAMP Fellow. However, due to the nature of work a LAMP Fellow undertakes, previous work experience and exposure to a professional work environment might equip LAMP Fellows better to work more effectively with an MP.
Q : I am graduating in the summer. Am I eligible to be a LAMP Fellow?
- Candidates are required to have at least a Bachelor’s degree to be eligible for the LAMP Fellowship. This means that candidates must have finished their Bachelor’s degree examinations before the Fellowship begins.
Q : What is the nature of tasks I am expected to perform as a LAMP Fellow?
- The primary role of a LAMP Fellow is to work closely with their MP, providing individualised research support for the entire duration of the Fellowship.
- This entails providing research inputs to help them fulfill their parliamentary duties such as asking questions, assessing the performance of ministries, raising matters of public importance.
Q : What work will I be engaged in when the Parliament is not in session?
- Between Parliament sessions, Fellows will continue to support their MPs on any research work that is requested of them.
- This may include, among other things, research for standing committee meetings and preparation for the next Parliament session.
- In addition, PRS will conduct workshops on important topics where Fellows can interact with experts and policy makers.
Q : What opportunities are available to me after the Fellowship?
- Ans : Some LAMP Fellows have pursued advanced degrees in prestigious institutions like Harvard, Yale, Columbia, Oxford, London School of Economics, SciencesPo, leading IIMs, ISB, XLRI, JNU etc. Some have continued to work with Members of Parliament, political parties or other political consulting organizations.
- A few have joined either multilateral institutions like the World Bank, Foreign Embassies or leading public policy organizations such as CPR and NIPFP, or chosen a career in the corporate sector including consulting, investment banking and e-commerce.
- A few have joined the civil service as Indian Administrative Service (IAS) and Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officers.
How to Fill PRS LAMP Fellowship Form 2021
|Things you need to have ready before filling up the form:|
|This form contains 8 sections. They are:|
|Interested Candidate Can Read the Full Notification Before Apply Online.|
|APPLY LINK||Click Here|
|OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION||Click Here|
|OFFICIAL WEBSITE||Click Here|
|MORE GOVT. JOBS||Click Here|