|Post Name: – SSC CGL 2020 Exam Pattern & Syllabus|
|STAFF SELECTION COMMISSION (SSC) has given a Notification for the Combined Graduate Level CGL 2020 Examination. Those Candidates are interested in the Following Recruitment of SSC CGL Recruitment 2020 & complete the Required Eligibility Criteria Can read the Full Notification and Apply Online. in this post Candidates can Check SSC CGL 2020 Exam Pattern & Syllabus.|
STAFF SELECTION COMMISSION (SSC)
COMBINED GRADUATE LEVEL CGL 2020 EXAMINATION
DETAILS OF NOTIFICATION
Scheme of the Examination:
The Examination will be conducted in four tiers as indicated below:
- Tier-I : Computer Based Examination
- Tier-II : Computer Based Examination
- Tier-III : Pen and Paper Mode (Descriptive paper)
- Tier-IV : Computer Proficiency Test/ Data Entry Skill Test (wherever applicable)/ Document Verification.
Scheme of Tier-I and Tier-II Examinations:
|Tier||Subject||No. of Qs||Max Mark||Time|
|I||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50||60 Min|
|II||Paper-I: Quantitative Abilities||100||200||120 Min|
|Paper-II: English Language and Comprehension||200||200|
|Paper-IV: General Studies (Finance and Economics)||100||200|
- Tier-I and Tier-II will consist of Objective Type Multiple choice questions only.
- The questions will be set both in English & Hindi except for English Comprehension in Tier-I and Paper-II in Tier-II.
- In Tier-I, there will be negative marking of 0.50 for each wrong answer.
- In Tier-II, there will be negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer in Paper-II (English Language and Comprehension) and of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I, Paper-III and Paper-IV.
- In Tier-II, Paper-I and Paper-II are compulsory for all the posts.
- Paper-III of Tier-II will be for only those candidates who apply for the posts of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) in the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation and Statistical Investigator Grade-II.
Scheme of Tier-III Examination:
|Tier||Mode of Exam||Scheme of Exam||Max Mark||Time|
|III||Pen & Paper||Descriptive Paper in English or Hindi (Writing of Essay/ Precis / Letter/ Application etc.)||100||60 Min|
|IV||Computer Proficiency Test and Data Entry Skill Test will be conducted.|
SSC CGL 2019 EXAM SYLLABUS
Tier-I: General Intelligence & Reasoning:
- It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. This component may include questions on analogies, similarities and differences, space visualization, spatial orientation, problem solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning and figural classification, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding.
- Statement conclusion, syllogistic reasoning etc. The topics are, Semantic Analogy, Symbolic/Number Analogy, Figural Analogy, Semantic Classification, Symbolic/Number Classification, Figural Classification, Semantic Series, Number Series, Figural Series, Problem Solving, Word Building, Coding & de-coding, Numerical Operations, symbolic Operations, Trends, Space Orientation, Space Visualization, Venn Diagrams.
- Drawing inferences, Punched hole/ pattern-folding & un-folding, Figural Pattern-folding and completion, Indexing, Address matching, Date & city matching, Classification of centre codes/ roll numbers, Small & Capital letters/numbers coding, decoding and classification, Embedded Figures, Critical thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Social Intelligence, Other sub-topics, if any.
- Questions in this component will be aimed at testing the candidates‟ general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society.
- Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of every day observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person.
- The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighbouring countries especially pertaining History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Policy & Scientific Research.
- The questions will be designed to test the ability of appropriate use of numbers and number sense of the candidate. The scope of the test will be computation of whole numbers, decimals, fractions and relationships between numbers, Percentage.
- Ratio & Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Alligation, Time and distance, Time & Work, Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra & Elementary surds, Graphs of Linear Equations, Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle.
- Common tangents to two or more circles, Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base, Trigonometric ratio, Degree and Radian Measures, Standard Identities, Complementary angles, Heights and Distances, Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar diagram & Pie chart.
- Candidates ability to understand correct English, his/ her basic comprehension and writing ability, etc. would be tested.
The questions in Parts A, B, & D will be of a level commensurate with the essential qualification viz. Graduation and questions in Part-C will be of 10th standard level.
|Interested Candidate Can Read the Full Notification Before Apply Online.|
|APPLY ONLINE||Click Here|
|ONLINE FORM FILL-UP VIDEO||Click Here|
|OFFICIAL SYLLABUS PDF||Click Here|
|OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION||Click Here|
|OFFICIAL WEBSITE||Click Here|
|MORE GOVT. JOBS||Click Here|