UPSC CDS I & II Recruitment 2021 Exam Pattern and Syllabus 2021
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has given a Notification for the Recruitment of Combined Defence Services Examination (I & II), 2021. Those Candidates are interested in the Following Process & Applied for UPSC CDS II Recruitment 2021, can read UPSC CDS Syllabus 2021 & Exam Pattern Details.
The scheme, standard and syllabus of the examination
SCHEME OF EXAMINATION
- The Competitive examination comprises:
- Written examination as shown in Para 2 below.
- Interview for intelligence and personality test (vide Part ‘B’ of this Appendix) of such candidates as may be called for interview at one of the Services Selection Centers.
- The subjects of the written examination, the time allowed and the maximum marks allotted to each subject will be as follows:
(a) For Admission to Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Air Force Academy:
|2||General Knowledge||2 Hours||
|3||Elementary Mathematics||2 Hours||
(b) For Admission to Officers’ Training Academy:
|2||General Knowledge||2 Hours||
- The papers in all the subjects will consist of MCQ only. The question papers (Test Booklets) of General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematics will be set bilingually in Hindi as well as English.
- In the question papers, wherever necessary, questions involving the metric system of Weights and Measures only will be set.
- Candidates must write the papers in their own hand. In no circumstances will they be allowed the help of a scribe to write answers for them.
- The Commission have discretion to fix qualifying marks in any or all the subjects of the examination
- The candidates are not permitted to use calculator for answering objective type papers (Test Booklets).
STANDARD AND SYLLABUS OF THE EXAMINATION
STANDARD: The standard of the papers in Elementary Mathematics will be of Matriculation level. The standard of papers in other subjects will approximately be such as may be expected of a graduate of an Indian University.
UPSC CDS I & II SYLLABUS 2021:-
ENGLISH (Code No. 01)
The question paper will be designed to test the candidates’ understanding of English and workman like use of words.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE (Code No. 02)
- General Knowledge including knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected.
- The paper will also include questions on History of India and Geography of a nature which candidate should be able to answer without special study.
ELEMENTARY MATHEMATICS (Code No. 03)
- Number System — Natural numbers, Integers, Rational and Real numbers. Fundamental operations, Square roots, Decimal fractions. Unitary method, time and distance, time and work, percentages, Interest, profit and loss, ratio and proportion, variation.
- Elementary Number Theory — Division algorithm. Prime and composite numbers. Tests of divisibility. Multiples and factors. Factorization Theorem. H.C.F. and L.C.M. Euclidean algorithm. Logarithms to base 10, laws of logarithms, use of logarithmic tables.
- Basic Operations, simple factors, Remainder Theorem, H.C.F., L.C.M., Theory of polynomials, solutions of quadratic equations, relation between its roots and coefficients. Simultaneous linear equations in two unknowns—analytical and graphical solutions.
- Simultaneous linear inequations in two variables and their solutions. Practical problems leading to two simultaneous linear equations or inequations in two variables or quadratic equations in one variable & their solutions.
- Sine ×, cosine ×, Tangent × when 0° < × < 90° Values of sin ×, cos × and tan ×, for × = 0°, 30°, 45°, 60° and 90°
- Simple trigonometric identities.
- Use of trigonometric tables.
- Simple cases of heights and distances.
- Lines and angles, Plane and plane figures, Theorems on (i) Properties of angles at a point, (ii) Parallel lines, (iii) Sides and angles of a triangle, (iv) Congruency of triangles, (v) Similar triangles (vi) Concurrence of medians and altitudes, (vii) Properties of angles, sides and diagonals of a parallelogram, rectangle and square, (viii) Circles and its properties including tangents and normals, (ix) Loci.
Areas of squares, rectangles, parallelograms, triangle and circle. Areas of figures which can be split up into these figures, Surface area and volume of cuboids, lateral surface and volume of right circular cones and cylinders, surface area and volume of spheres.
Collection and tabulation of statistical data, Graphical representation frequency polygons, histograms, bar charts, pie charts etc. Measures of central tendency.
INTELLIGENCE AND PERSONALITY TEST
- The SSB procedure consists of two stage Selection process – stage I and stage II. Only those candidates who clear the stage I are permitted to appear for stage II. The details are:-
- Stage I comprises of Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) tests are Picture Perception* Description Test (PP & DT). The candidates will be shortlisted based on combination of performance in OIR Test and PP & DT.
- Stage II Comprises of Interview, Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tests and the Conference. These tests are conducted over 4 days.
|Interested Candidate Can Read the Full Notification Before Online.|
|IMPORTANT LINKS :|
|APPLY ONLINE||Click Here|
|ONLINE FORM FILL-UP VIDEO||Click Here|
|RE PRINT APPLICATION FORM||Click Here|
|OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION||Click Here | Syllabus PDF|
|OFFICIAL WEBSITE||Click Here|
|MORE GOVT. JOBS||Click Here|