UPSC IFS Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2022 @upsc.gov.in
UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION (UPSC) Inviting Online Application Form for the Recruitment of Civil Services Preliminary Examination IAS & Indian Forest Services IFS Post 2022 & Check UPSC Civil Services IFS Syllabus 2022.
- However, when it comes to the educational criteria, the conditions are different for the forest service exam.
- Whereas the civil services require any bachelor’s degree, the IFoS exam requires a science or engineering bachelor’s degree from UPSC recognized universities.
- The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree with at least one of the following subjects: animal husbandry & veterinary science, botany, chemistry, geology, mathematics, statistics, physics, zoology; OR, The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, forestry or engineering.
Note: Every candidate appearing for the examination shall be permitted six attempts. But, the number of attempts will not apply in the case of Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates who are otherwise eligible. The number of attempts permissible to candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes is nine.
Indian Forest Service Exam Pattern
The Indian Forest Service Exam is conducted in three rounds. A candidate has to clear one stage to qualify for the subsequent stage. They are explained below:
Stage 1: UPSC IFS Syllabus Prelims Exam
- The prelims exam for IFoS is the same as the UPSC IAS Prelims exam. There are two papers, GS I and CSAT, both objective in nature.
- The cut off for the IFoS exam is higher than for the IAS exam since the number of vacancies is markedly less.
Paper I – (200 marks) Duration: Two hours
- Current events of national and international importance
- History of India and Indian National Movement
- Indian and World Geography- Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance- Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development- Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization.
- General Science.
Paper II-(200 marks) Duration: Two hours
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level)
- Note 1 : Paper-II of the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination will be a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%.
- Note 2 : The questions will be of multiple choice, objective type.
- Note 3 : It is mandatory for the candidate to appear in both the Papers of Civil Services (Prelim) Examination for the purpose of evaluation. Therefore a candidate will be disqualified in case he/she does not appear in both the papers of Civil Services (Prelim) Examination.
Stage 2: UPSC IFS Syllabus Mains Exam
- There are 6 papers in the IFS mains exam.
- All are descriptive in nature. Each paper is for duration of 3 hours.
- There are two optional subjects candidates that have to choose.
UPSC Indian Forest Service Mains Exam Papers:
|Paper I||General English||300|
|Paper II||General Knowledge||300|
|Paper III||Optional I||200|
|Paper IV||Optional I||200|
|Paper V||Optional II||200|
|Paper VI||Optional II||200|
List of optional subjects (two to be chosen) available for the IFS mains exam:
- Agricultural Engineering
- Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Please note that the candidates will not be allowed the following combination of optional subjects:
- Agriculture and Agricultural Engineering
- Agriculture and Forestry
- Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Agriculture and Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
- Of the Engineering subjects namely, Agricultural Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering and Mechanical Engineering – not more than one subject.
- Candidates must also note that all the papers will be only in English and this is the only medium of examination in the IFS.
- Only candidates who score higher than the cut off marks in the mains exam will be summoned for the next stage, which is the interview round.
Stage 3: Interview
- The interview will be for a total of 300 marks.
- The candidate will be assessed on general awareness, communication skills, intellectual curiosity, critical powers of observation and assimilation, balance of judgment and alertness of mind, initiative, tact, capacity for leadership, etc.
- Here, the candidate will be interviewed by a Board.
- A physical test will follow the interview. Here, male candidates have to complete a 25 km walk or run in under 4 hours, and female candidates have to complete a 14 km walk or run in less than 4 hours.
|Interested Candidate Can Read the Full Notification Before Online.|
|APPLY ONLINE||Click Here|
|FOR MORE DETAILS/HELP||Click Here|
|RE PRINT FORM||Click Here|
|OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION||IAS | IFS|
|UPSC PREVIOUS PAPERS||Click Here|
|OFFICIAL WEBSITE||Click Here|
|MORE GOVT. JOBS||Click Here|